Wednesday, January 30, 2013

This Weeks Food Lion Deals and Food Lions Newer Perks

Food Lion
Retail: $65.21
Paid: $41.78


I saved $11.13 just in store sales and I used $12.80 in coupons.
Food Lion is really steeping up their game in prices, sales, promotions and in store coupons. Instead of my usual price break down of each item, I'd rather tell you more about Food Lion cause I know some of my friends don't shop there much.

The past few weeks, FL was running there store brand promotion. They do this ALL the time. You buy their brand (food lion or my essentials) of participating items and save a certain dollar amount for a certain number of items bought. Sometimes you save instantly which means the price comes off at the register. sometimes you  get a catalina coupon (comes out with receipt) The promotion usually runs for a couple of weeks at a time. This past sale was for a catalina coupon. The savings look like this:
Buy 4 Save $1
Buy 6 Save $1.50
Buy 8 Save $2
Buy 10 Save $2.50
Buy 20 Save $5
Buy 40 Save $10

Last week I earned a $3.25 off coupon for my purchases.

FL also prints out catalina coupons, quite frequently for money off your next shopping order. That same week I got a $3.50 off a purchase of $35.00 or more.

FL also gives great online coupons (register/sign up on food lions website) This week I got and used a $1 off 3 cans of hunts tomatoes (on sale $1 each)
I also got and used a $2 off produce purchase of $7 or more

FL also has a in store kiosk now. I love this kiosk lol It prints food lion specific coupons for that day only and manufacturers coupons with future expiration dates. It is a sheet or more of coupons plus extras like recipes. They are different every day. My 2 faves are $1 off FL butter (1lb) and $1 off FL peanut butter. REGULAR price of butter is $2.47 so $1.47 for a lb of butter is awesome. The peanut butter is $8.48 for 4 lb container making it $7.48 and that is just awesome too. Today I also got and used a $1 off FL brand frozen potatoes (fries) Regular price is $1.99 per bag. Again, 99 cents for a bag of fries or tater tots is pretty damn good. I also got and used a 50 cent off 3 celeste pizzas on sale for 99 cents each. My son loves these (one of his unhealthy treats lol)

Today I ended up using $12.25 cents in JUST Food Lion coupons and a 55 cent manufacturer coupon. I saved a total of $23.93 in store sales and coupons! I'm loving Food Lion!!

Please follow me:

No comments:

Post a Comment